And so summer is here again and my sophomore year of college is over. This year has been full of surprises and self-discovery as I have [somehow] grown into a 20 year old. It’s astounding that I have made it this far. And that’s why summer is great in so many ways.
For college students, it’s not only a time to relax, but also to pause and reflect back on everything. I’ve been out of school for a couple weeks now and have been reflecting back on this past semester like crazy. Reflecting back on the what ifs, the regrets and, most importantly, the goals. However, the future is full of possibilities and these are what I want to focus on; I finally have the time to think long-term again and rediscover my passions.
Every summer I make a list of everything I want and plan to do in the future. This year is no different, even if I am. As I work around my interning schedule, here are a few aspirations I have for the summer and beyond (so stay tuned):
- Catching up on my baking (new recipes to come!)
- Cleaning out my closet (the hardest actually)
- Reading 20 books from my Goodreads shelf
- Continue writing articles for the Odyssey
- Getting to do research over the summer and during the fall!
- Get back to writing at least one short story per month
I’m sure I’ll add other things to the list, but for now I have a lot out in front of me!